Whether you're a new or current patient, there are certain things you'll need in order to make an appointment, choose or change your provider/care team, or access other health center services. To download patient forms, click here or scroll to the bottom of the page.
To make an appointment, call the front desk at (508) 939-9358.
When You Make An Appointment
- When you make an appointment, be sure to let our staff know the nature of your visit (sports physical, ear pain, etc.) and also if you have several questions or concerns to discuss at your visit. We want to be sure to schedule enough time to meet your needs!
- If you anticipate being late for an appointment, please call us. If you will be less than 5 minutes late, you will be seen in order by arrival time. If you are more than 5 minutes late, we may suggest your appointment be rescheduled, or ask you to wait, depending on the availability of a walk-in time slot.
- Missed appointments dramatically impact our other patients and the office staff, as well as your own health care. If you are unable to make it to your appointment, please call to cancel. If you do not call to cancel prior to your scheduled appointment time, you will be charged a $25 missed appointment fee.
Before Your First Visit
- All new patients should complete the registration and authorization form before their first appointment. Download the form here, fill it out, and bring it with you to the health center at the time of your appointment.
- If you are planning to establish with Island Health Care and make us your primary care home, you should also download the Patient Medical History Form, fill it out and bring it with you on your first visit.
- When you book your first appointment, front desk staff will assign you to a provider/care team based on current appointment availability. You are free at any time to request another provider/care team, understanding that appointment availability among providers and teams varies somewhat. We will work with you to accommodate your request as soon as availability occurs.
- In order to make Island Health Care your primary care provider (PCP), you may need to contact your insurance company to notify them in advance of your first visit and make any changes. This process can be complicated and is slightly different depending on which insurance you have.
For assistance, please contact either the Front Desk at (508) 939-9358 or Kathleen Beriau at (508) 627-5797 ext. 111.
First Visit Tips
- You will be asked for a photo ID and insurance card (if you have one) for us to scan into your chart.
- Bring all of your medications you are taking with you. Bring the actual containers or a list of the medications with the dosage and number of times a day the medications are to be taken. Include any over-the-counter medications.
- Bring vaccination/immunization records.
- Come prepared to review our New Patient Education/Orientation packet and sign the Patient/Care Team Agreement.
- If you are transferring records from another provider or need us to send records to another provider, or if you need a referral, you will need to fill out and sign one or both of these forms: Authorization to Disclose Patient Health Information and Authorization to Release Patient Health Information.
If you need assistance, just ask our Front Desk staff.
After Your Visit
Please be prepared to provide the name and dose of the medication and your preferred pharmacy. Prescription refill requests require at least 24-48 hours; plan ahead so you do not run out!
We cannot refill medications we did not prescribe, or medications for patients we have never seen or haven’t seen in the past year. We do not prescribe new medications over the telephone; you must make an appointment.
Please note that many prescriptions now require prior authorizations and this may cause a delay in processing your refill request.
Laboratory and Diagnostic Services
Island Health Care does limited in-house testing. A Quest Diagnostics Laboratory phlebotomist is on site 30 hours per week to draw blood and dispatch for testing off site. Other laboratory test orders will require that you go to a hospital laboratory.
Your lab results will be posted on the secure patient portal. Your provider will contact you by telephone if necessary.
Other Test Results
Your imaging results will be posted on the secure patient portal. Your provider will contact you by telephone if necessary.
To make or change an appointment, call our front desk at (508) 939-9358.
At Every Visit
You will need to show your insurance card (if you have one).
If you need a referral to another provider or facility, you will first need to fill out and sign one or both of these forms: Authorization to Disclose Patient Health Information and Authorization to Release Patient Health Information.